FUTUREBUILD® LVL TCC Floors
Futurebuild® LVL Timber Concrete Composite (TCC) Floors represent a move to optimise the advantages of both Laminated Veneer Lumber (LVL) beams and a concrete screed/slab, combined using defined and tested connection methods to provide composite action.
Although the technology was only introduced to New Zealand in 2012, concrete slabs/screeds have been added to timber floors for decades in Europe - where the natural weight of concrete has been used to provide acoustic benefits. A natural progression was to provide a structural connection between the slab/screed and the timber joists, allowing for an optimised structural solution with inherent acoustic and fire benefits.
Features & Benefits
- Concrete slab/screed for enhanced acoustic attenuation*
- LVL for strength, stiffness and inherent fire resistance*
- computeIT® design software for performance optimisation
- Established, tested and proven performance
- Lightweight, enabling use of conventional timber framing support*
- Easy to install
- Cost effective*
- LVL products offer low variability and high reliability
- Futurebuild® LVL used in TCC Floors is manufactured from sustainably-grown New Zealand radiata pine
- Available Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) certified (FSC® C007103) upon request
* Subject to design consideration.
Contact Futurebuild® LVL for further information.
For more detailed information, please refer to our TCC Floors Information Guide.
Timber Concrete Composite (TCC) floors represent a move to optimise the advantages of both Laminated Veneer Lumber (LVL) beams and a concrete screed/slab, combined using defined connection methods to provide composite action.
Properties and structural characteristics for the Futurebuild LVL range for use by specifiers and engineers for specific design LVL projects.
computeIT® is designed to aid in the specification of heavy Laminated Veneer Lumber (LVL) structural
members and non-residential structural systems. Learn more in this flyer on the computeIT software suite.
Tie-down for external bracing wall- 6 and 12 kN fixing details - bracing wall perpendicular to joist (Detail TD3)
Tie-down for external bracing wall -6 and 12 kN fixing details - bracing wall parallel to joist (Detail TD2)
Tie-down for external bracing wall using rimboard using 6 12kN fixing detail (Detail TD1)
Cantilever supporting load-bearing walls- Type 2 reinforcement (Detail F22)
Cantilever supporting load-bearing walls- Type 1 reinforcement (Detail F21)
Cantilevers supporting load-bearing walls - installation of end trimmer (Detail F16)
hyJOIST cantilever for internal or weather-proofed balcony applications (Detail 13)
Fixing hyJOIST to steel beams - using face mount hangers (Detail F4)