FUTUREBUILD® LVL hyONE®
hyONE® is New Zealand's highest stiffness laminated veneer lumber (LVL) product and is ideally suited in applications where depth is restricted or when flitch beam or hot rolled steel section is required.
Features & Benefits
- hyONE is high strength and stiffness, yet can be processed using carpentry tools
- Manufactured to a target 88mm breadth with tolerance of -0 mm/+ 3mm (at the time of leaving the Mill) to fit within the framing
- Straight, true, strong, lightweight and dimensionally stable
- Veneers are bonded together using type 'A' (marine) bond, known for long-term durability in structural applications
- Readily available and stocked H1.2 treated using glue line and surface spray treatment to the requirements of NZS 3640
- Untreated and H3.1 LOSP treated product available made to order subject to minimum volumes and lead times, Contact us for further information
- Each piece is branded for ease of identification
- Stringent quality control - EWPAA Certified
- Manufactured from sustainably-grown NZ plantation pine
- Available FSC® CoC Certified (FSC-C007103) on request
- Residential Span Tables available - refer brochures below
- Supported by technical support and software from Futurebuild LVL
Solid Futurebuild LVL products are manufactured in accordance with AS/NZ 4357, Structural Laminated Veneer Lumber. Characteristic Properties are determined in accordance with AS/NZS 4063.2:2010 and so comply with the provisions of the New Zealand Building Code through clause 2.3 for engineering design in accordance with NZS3603:1993 Timber Structures Standard.
Futurebuild LVL is committed to manufacturing innovative engineered building products. For quality assurance the Futurebuild range is manufactured with independent audit processes and product certification.
All Futurebuild LVL products are manufactured using a type ‘A’ bond with less than 0.5mg/L formaldehyde emissions from the final product (equivalent to E0).
- Available in 600mm increments from 4.8m to 13.2m
- *450 mm only stocked in 4.8, 7.2 and 13.2 lengths
Properties and structural characteristics for the Futurebuild LVL range for use by specifiers and engineers for specific design LVL projects.
Manufactured by Futurebuild LVL, Laminated Veneer Lumber (LVL) is the engineered solution for residential housing design and
This guide provides a variety of details specific to the use of Futurebuild LVL floor systems for commercial, industrial and other heavily loaded floors. designIT® for Commercial Floors is a software tool for all building practitioners designing with the Futurebuild LVL range and other selected materials. It enables a wide range of commercial and industrial floor solutions to be developed in a simple and powerful application.
Think hard and check before substituting one building product for another. Get it wrong and you could be creating quality issues and have trouble getting a Code Compliance Certificate.
Product Technical Statement
Fixing hyJOIST to steel beams - using face mount hangers (Detail F4)
hyJOIST cantilever for internal or weather-proofed balcony applications (Detail 13)
Cantilevers supporting load-bearing walls - installation of end trimmer (Detail F16)
Cantilever supporting load-bearing walls- Type 1 reinforcement (Detail F21)
Cantilever supporting load-bearing walls- Type 2 reinforcement (Detail F22)
Tie-down for external bracing wall using rimboard using 6 12kN fixing detail (Detail TD1)
Tie-down for external bracing wall -6 and 12 kN fixing details - bracing wall parallel to joist (Detail TD2)
Tie-down for external bracing wall- 6 and 12 kN fixing details - bracing wall perpendicular to joist (Detail TD3)
computeIT® is designed to aid in the specification of heavy Laminated Veneer Lumber (LVL) structural
members and non-residential structural systems. Learn more in this flyer on the computeIT software suite.