FUTUREBUILD® LVL hyJOIST®
Features & Benefits
- hyJOIST is manufactured from sustainably-grown NZ plantation pine
- Consisting of structural LVL flanges and a structural plywood web, all veneers are bonded together using type 'A' (marine) bond, known for long-term durability in structural applications
- Available in 10 section sizes and 3 different flange widths. Allowing specifiers to optimize performance of a floor design in depth, span, load and cost
- Provides greater design flexibility for cost-effective floor layouts
- Available in a range of lengths up to 13.2 metres
- Lightweight: HJ240 45 and HJ300 45 hyJOIST are approximately 60 - 70% the weight of equivalent spanning SG8 section
- Easier installation of services within the floor space
- Straight, uniform and dimensionally stable
- Readily available untreated or H1.2 treated using a glue line and surface spray treatment to the requirements of NZS 3640
- H3.1 LOSP available on a made to order basis subject to minimum volumes and lead times, Contact us for further information
- Stringent quality control – EWPAA certified
- Available FSC® CoC Certified on request (Certificate Number: SCS-COC-001319)
- Residential Span Tables and installation guide available - refer brochures below
- Supported by technical support and software from Futurebuild LVL
hyJOIST LVL flanges are manufactured in accordance with AS/NZS 4357, Structural Laminated Veneer Lumber, whilst manufactured hyJOIST beams are randomly sampled and in-grade verified against published Characteristic Properties. hyJOIST is a product certified by the Engineered Wood Products Association of Australasia (EWPAA), which is JAS-ANZ certified.
Futurebuild LVL is committed to manufacturing innovative engineered building products. For quality assurance the hyJOIST range is manufactured with independent audit processes and product certification.
All hyJOIST components are manufactured using a Type ‘A’ (marine) bond with less than 0.5mg/L formaldehyde (equivalent to E0) emissions from the final product
Untreated (UT) product may at times contain some glue line treatment.
To ensure accurate specification and supply, hyJOIST should be noted on plans as HJDepth Flange Bredth hyJOIST e.g. HJ200 45 hyJOIST
- Available in 600mm length increments from 2.4m to 13.2m
- A range of face-mount, partial depth and top-mount joist hangers are also available to suit the hyJOIST range
- Contact Futurebuild LVL for more information
Futurebuild® has added two sizes to the hyJOIST® range of LVL.
More options for more economical floor joist layouts. Caters for any larger spans in the floor area using the wider flange options of corresponding depth.
Properties and structural characteristics for the Futurebuild LVL range for use by specifiers and engineers for specific design LVL projects.
Manufactured by Futurebuild LVL, Laminated Veneer Lumber (LVL) is the engineered solution for residential housing design and
Think hard and check before substituting one building product for another. Get it wrong and you could be creating quality issues and have trouble getting a Code Compliance Certificate.
Safety Data Sheet H3.1 LOSP treated product used in residential, commercial and industrial construction, and fitments and/or general purpose building.
Product Technical Statement
Fixing hyJOIST to steel beams - using face mount hangers (Detail F4)
hyJOIST cantilever for internal or weather-proofed balcony applications (Detail 13)
Cantilevers supporting load-bearing walls - installation of end trimmer (Detail F16)
Cantilever supporting load-bearing walls- Type 1 reinforcement (Detail F21)
Cantilever supporting load-bearing walls- Type 2 reinforcement (Detail F22)
Tie-down for external bracing wall using rimboard using 6 12kN fixing detail (Detail TD1)
Tie-down for external bracing wall -6 and 12 kN fixing details - bracing wall parallel to joist (Detail TD2)
Tie-down for external bracing wall- 6 and 12 kN fixing details - bracing wall perpendicular to joist (Detail TD3)
computeIT® is designed to aid in the specification of heavy Laminated Veneer Lumber (LVL) structural
members and non-residential structural systems. Learn more in this flyer on the computeIT software suite.