FUTUREBUILD® LVL hyJOIST®
Features & Benefits
- hyJOIST is manufactured from sustainably-grown NZ plantation pine
- Consisting of structural LVL flanges and a structural plywood web, all veneers are bonded together using type 'A' (marine) bond, known for long-term durability in structural applications
- Available in 10 section sizes and 3 different flange widths. Allowing specifiers to optimize performance of a floor design in depth, span, load and cost
- Provides greater design flexibility for cost-effective floor layouts
- Available in a range of lengths up to 13.2 metres
- Lightweight: HJ240 45 and HJ300 45 hyJOIST are approximately 60 - 70% the weight of equivalent spanning SG8 section
- Easier installation of services within the floor space
- Straight, uniform and dimensionally stable
- Stringent quality control – EWPAA certified
- Available FSC® CoC Certified (FSC-C007103) on request
- Residential Span Tables and installation guide available - refer brochures below
- Supported by technical support and software from Futurebuild LVL
hyJOIST LVL flanges are manufactured in accordance with AS/NZS 4357, Structural Laminated Veneer Lumber, whilst manufactured hyJOIST beams are randomly sampled and in-grade verified against published Characteristic Properties. hyJOIST is a product certified by the Engineered Wood Products Association of Australasia (EWPAA), which is JAS-ANZ certified.
Futurebuild LVL is committed to manufacturing innovative engineered building products. For quality assurance the hyJOIST range is manufactured with independent audit processes and product certification.
All hyJOIST components are manufactured using a Type ‘A’ (marine) bond with less than 0.5mg/L formaldehyde (equivalent to E0) emissions from the final product
Untreated (UT) product may at times contain some glue line treatment.
*Available H1.2 treated only. All other products are available untreated or H1.2 treated.
To ensure accurate specification and supply, hyJOIST should be noted on plans as HJDepth Flange Bredth hyJOIST e.g. HJ200 45 hyJOIST
- Available in 600mm length increments from 2.4m to 13.2m
- A range of face-mount, partial depth and top-mount joist hangers are also available to suit the hyJOIST range
- Contact Futurebuild LVL for more information
Futurebuild® has added two sizes to the hyJOIST® range of LVL.
Properties and structural characteristics for the Futurebuild LVL range for use by specifiers and engineers for specific design LVL projects.
Manufactured by Futurebuild LVL, Laminated Veneer Lumber (LVL) is the engineered solution for residential housing design and
This guide provides a variety of details specific to the use of Futurebuild LVL floor systems for commercial, industrial and other heavily loaded floors. designIT® for Commercial Floors is a software tool for all building practitioners designing with the Futurebuild LVL range and other selected materials. It enables a wide range of commercial and industrial floor solutions to be developed in a simple and powerful application.
Carter Holt Harvey Plywood Ltd together with Carter Holt Harvey LVL Ltd, trading as Futurebuild® LVL, and B&C Systems International Limited (Batten and Cradle™) have developed a lightweight floor system that is suitable for use as an inter-tenancy floor.
The hyJOIST® range consists of NZ made engineered I-Joists that are a cost-effective* solution for floor joists, rafters and purlins in both residential and commercial construction. Consisting of structural LVL flanges with a structural plywood web, hyJOIST is lightweight and easy to install. (*Subject to design considerations)
Think hard and check before substituting one building product for another. Get it wrong and you could be creating quality issues and have trouble getting a Code Compliance Certificate.
Safety Data Sheet H3.1 LOSP treated product used in residential, commercial and industrial construction, and fitments and/or general purpose building.
Product Technical Statement
Fixing hyJOIST to steel beams - using face mount hangers (Detail F4)
hyJOIST cantilever for internal or weather-proofed balcony applications (Detail 13)
Cantilevers supporting load-bearing walls - installation of end trimmer (Detail F16)
Cantilever supporting load-bearing walls- Type 1 reinforcement (Detail F21)
Cantilever supporting load-bearing walls- Type 2 reinforcement (Detail F22)
Tie-down for external bracing wall using rimboard using 6 12kN fixing detail (Detail TD1)
Tie-down for external bracing wall -6 and 12 kN fixing details - bracing wall parallel to joist (Detail TD2)
Tie-down for external bracing wall- 6 and 12 kN fixing details - bracing wall perpendicular to joist (Detail TD3)
computeIT® is designed to aid in the specification of heavy Laminated Veneer Lumber (LVL) structural
members and non-residential structural systems. Learn more in this flyer on the computeIT software suite.