FUTUREBUILD® LVL TREATMENT
NZBC Acceptable Solution B2/AS1, NZS 3602 and NZS 3604 allow for the use of untreated LVL, H1.2 glueline and surface spray treatment, and H3.1 LOSP Azole treatment, subject to the qualifications in the applicable standards.
The Futurebuild LVL range of products are typically stocked either untreated or H1.2 glueline and surface spray treated. The below products are available stocked in the indicated treatment type.
Stocked Product Treatment Offer:
Some treatment options are not available off the shelf due to warehousing restrictions. Where not listed in the above, untreated and H3.1 LOSP treated products are available on a made to order basis. Minimum order quantities apply. Contact us to find out more.
ABOUT H1.2 TREATMENT
H1.2 glue line and surface spray treatment is a full cross-section treatment. The treatment is applied in the glue during manufacture and a surface spray on both faces of every LVL piece.
This is different to H1.2 Boron treatment commonly applied to sawn timber.
Unlike H3.1 LOSP envelope treated options, H1.2 doesn't require the reinstatement of the treatment envelope when cut, so you don't need to re-seal the cut ends.
You can read more about LVL Treatment for in the use of buildings in the Technical Note here.
BENEFITS OF H1.2 TREATED FUTUREBUILD LVL:
- Low odour - reduced odours compared to alternative treatment varieties such as H3.1 LOSP
- B2/AS1 compliant - the glue line and surface spray treatment meets Acceptable Solution under B2/AS1, NZS 3640:2003 (Amendment 5)
- It doesn't need reinstatement of treatment when machined - the full cross-section treatment means cutting, ripping or drilling doesn't impact the integrity of the treatment and reinstatement is not required
- No residual solvents - H1.2 glueline and surface spray has no residual solvents like those used in LOSP treatment
H3.1 LOSP TREATED FUTUREBUILD LVL IS SPECIFIED - CAN I SUBSTITUTE IT FOR H1.2?
H1.2 glue line treated and surface sprayed LVL and H3.1 Azole LOSP treated LVL are considered equal by the New Zealand Building Code (NZBC)*.
For B2/AS1 compliant dwellings that have been consented using H3.1 LOSP treatment, Futurebuild LVL can provide a letter to support the change of treatment to H1.2 as a minor amendment to the building consent.
* When specified to be treated to the requirements of Acceptable Solution B2/AS1 3.2 Timber and wood-based building products, Both treatments meet the requirements intended by H1.2 of the New Zealand Building Code Clause B2/AS1 and NZS 3604 and are therefore interchangeable.
IS THE FUTUREBUILD LVL RANGE AVAILABLE UNTREATED?
The hyJOIST range is available untreated off the shelf.
The remainder of the range can be manufactured on a made to order basis untreated subject to minimum volumes and additional lead times. Contact us to find out more.
CAN I ORDER H3.1 LOSP TREATED FUTUREBUILD LVL?
Where H3.1 LOSP treated product is required, Futurebuild LVL can manufacture H3.1 treated product on a made to order basis, subject to minimum volumes and additional lead times. Contact us to find out more.