FUTUREBUILD® LVL hyCHORD®
Features & Benefits
- Manufactured from sustainably-grown NZ plantation pine
- LVL is straight, true and dimensionally stable
- High strength, yet light to handle
- Predicted deflection performance for a more uniform finish with ceiling linings
- Minimise joints and wastage – lengths available up to 7.2 metres
- Stringent quality control – EWPAA certified
- Available FSC® CoC Certified on request (Certificate Number: SCS-COC-001319)
- Readily available H1.2 treated using a glue line and surface spray treatment to the requirements of NZS 3640
- Span Tables available - refer Brochures below
* Contact Futurebuild® LVL for further information.
Manufactured and properties evaluated in accordance with AS/NZS4357 Structural Laminated Veneer Lumber – totally compatible for engineering design in accordance with NZS3603:1993 Timber Structures Standard.
Futurebuild LVL is committed to manufacturing innovative engineered building products. For quality assurance the hyCHORD range is manufactured with independent audit processes and product certification.
All hyCHORD is manufactured using a Type ‘A’ (marine) bond with less than 0.5mg/l formaldehyde emissions from the final product (equivalent to E0).
Untreated (UT) product may at times contain some glue line insecticide treatment, which is used in product produced for the Australian market.
- Please contact Futurebuild LVL for available lengths
Properties and structural characteristics for the Futurebuild LVL range for use by specifiers and engineers for specific design LVL projects.
Manufactured by Futurebuild LVL, Laminated Veneer Lumber (LVL) is the engineered solution for residential housing design and
Think hard and check before substituting one building product for another. Get it wrong and you could be creating quality issues and have trouble getting a Code Compliance Certificate.
Product Technical Statement
Fixing hyJOIST to steel beams - using face mount hangers (Detail F4)
hyJOIST cantilever for internal or weather-proofed balcony applications (Detail 13)
Cantilevers supporting load-bearing walls - installation of end trimmer (Detail F16)
Cantilever supporting load-bearing walls- Type 1 reinforcement (Detail F21)
Cantilever supporting load-bearing walls- Type 2 reinforcement (Detail F22)
Tie-down for external bracing wall using rimboard using 6 12kN fixing detail (Detail TD1)
Tie-down for external bracing wall -6 and 12 kN fixing details - bracing wall parallel to joist (Detail TD2)
Tie-down for external bracing wall- 6 and 12 kN fixing details - bracing wall perpendicular to joist (Detail TD3)
computeIT® is designed to aid in the specification of heavy Laminated Veneer Lumber (LVL) structural
members and non-residential structural systems. Learn more in this flyer on the computeIT software suite.