FUTUREBUILD® LVL hyBOUND™
Features & Benefits
- hyBOUND is manufactured from sustainably-grown NZ plantation pine wood, which is rotary peeled, dried, and laminated together in continuous long lengths
- Cross-banded for additional dimensional stability
- Straight, true, strong, lightweight and dimensionally stable
- H1.2 treated using a glue line and surface spray treatment to the requirements of NZS 3640.
- Supported by technical support and software from Futurebuild LVL
- designIT® for Houses software available
- Veneers are bonded together using a type 'A' (marine) bond, which has proven performance for in excess of 50 years
- Each stick is branded for ease of identification
- EWPAA certified with stringent quality control procedures
- Available FSC® CoC Certified on request (Certificate Number: SCS-COC-001319)
hyBOUND products are manufactured in accordance with AS/NZ 4357 Structural Laminated Veneer Lumber with properties determined in accordance with AS/NZS 4063.2:2010 and so comply with the provisions of the New Zealand Building Code through clause 2.3 for engineering design in accordance with NZS3603:1993 Timber Structures Standard.
Futurebuild LVL is committed to manufacturing innovative engineered building products. For quality assurance, the Futurebuild LVL range is manufactured with independent audit processes and product certification.
All hyBOUND is manufactured using a Type ‘A’ (marine) bond with less than 0.5mg/l formaldehyde emissions from the final product (equivalent to E0).
Properties and structural characteristics for the Futurebuild LVL range for use by specifiers and engineers for specific design LVL projects.
Manufactured by Futurebuild LVL, Laminated Veneer Lumber (LVL) is the engineered solution for residential housing design and
Think hard and check before substituting one building product for another. Get it wrong and you could be creating quality issues and have trouble getting a Code Compliance Certificate.
Safety Data Sheet H3.1 LOSP treated product used in residential, commercial and industrial construction, and fitments and/or general purpose building.
Product Technical Statement
Fixing hyJOIST to steel beams - using face mount hangers (Detail F4)
hyJOIST cantilever for internal or weather-proofed balcony applications (Detail 13)
Cantilevers supporting load-bearing walls - installation of end trimmer (Detail F16)
Cantilever supporting load-bearing walls- Type 1 reinforcement (Detail F21)
Cantilever supporting load-bearing walls- Type 2 reinforcement (Detail F22)
Tie-down for external bracing wall using rimboard using 6 12kN fixing detail (Detail TD1)
Tie-down for external bracing wall -6 and 12 kN fixing details - bracing wall parallel to joist (Detail TD2)
Tie-down for external bracing wall- 6 and 12 kN fixing details - bracing wall perpendicular to joist (Detail TD3)
computeIT® is designed to aid in the specification of heavy Laminated Veneer Lumber (LVL) structural
members and non-residential structural systems. Learn more in this flyer on the computeIT software suite.